A refreshing weekend.

So since the chance of another devistating blizzard scared the grandfolks out of heading out to Cimarron, I found myself with a weekend with nothing in particular that needed to be done. First one in quite a while. That doesn’t mean I didn’t do anything all weekend, it just means I didn’t do anything important. I’m used to being on a regular sleep schedule these days of going to bed around 11:30 and getting up around 7:30 or 8:00. That went out the window this weekend. I kinda reverted back to the olden days where I’d be up until 3:00 am and sleep until 11:00. Ahh those were the days. Luckily I didn’t have much trouble getting back on track and up for work today!

My 250gig hard drive and monitor got delivered to work on Friday. So after I finished up my remote at Manhattan High for the basketball game, I went home and got to work setting up all that. It takes a LOOONNNGG time to format 250 gigs. I can only imagine how long it’d take Brian’s 500 gigs (I’m guessing twice as long). I got my monitor hooked up and man is that thing nice. It’s not the top of the line Dell widescreen or anything, but I think it’s an awesome monitor for the price I paid for it. 19″ widescreen, 5ms response time, 700:1 contrast ratio for all you who are interested in specs. And the thing is freakin’ bright. I don’t know why anyone would want it on the brightest setting unless maybe the sun were shining directly on the monitor. I have the brightness set at 80% and it’s still noticablly brighter than my old monitor.

Andrea did a little splurging herself and after seeing my monitor she just had to get one for herself. She also picked up a “Wal-Mart special”computer desk for herself (finally)! She didn’t get a widescreen though. To each their own. After going widescreen, I don’t think I’d ever go back. I used to think it’d be awkward but it actually feels more natural. Go figure. But with the extra space left on my desk left from Andrea’s computer, I hooked my old monitor back up and am running dual monitors now. Just because I can I guess. I’ll try to get some pics later when I get home from work.

So after 130 screws and pieces A through L we got Andrea’s desk put together and my desk organized. Then I finally cleaned out the closet and made room for the old twin bed frame and tucked the box springs away. The room is nice and organized now. Now if I can just motivate myself to do that to the rest of the rooms…

It was nice to have a weekend where I could pour myself into something I enjoyed. I was able to be a little productive, get some video games in, and mostly just take it easy. Bring on retirement! 😉

EDIT: Here’s the pics I promised. And added one more.

My Setup

Andrea’s Setup

Posted on January 15, 2007, in Tech. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.

  1. ill let you in on a secret when formating drive if you select “quick format” it doesnt take nearly as long and you are up and running in no time

  2. Yeah, I do that if it’s a drive I’m just reformatting. But I like to do a regular format when I get a new drive just to make sure there aren’t any bad sectors and such that way if there are I can just RMA the drive then and there. Otherwise yeah, quick is the way to go.

  3. I’m looking forward to getting up there and seeing it all first hand. It seems like taking the bed outta that room made it appear bigger. (Oh, and I see my speakers that Andrea is keeping track of for me! hee hee!!)

  4. They’re only $80 with shipping on Newegg. Send me the money and I’ll keep track of some other ones for ya. 😛

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: