Pulling an all nighter?
I dunno. I don’t think I’ll make it. It’s 3:10 in the AM right now. I’m kinda tired, but not that tired that I want to get up and go to bed. Andrea isn’t back until tomorrow, and I just really can’t sleep. I don’t really want to either. I’ve gotten a lot done!
- 1 load of laundry.
- Picked up the dog from the kennel.
- A cool new tool for Guild Wars that almost makes the GuildWiki obsolete!
- Downloaded, installed, and played Half Life 2 (Thanks, Biebs! Runs great!)
- Photoshopped some new wheels onto my car (don’t really like ’em).
- And explained the exact number for “one third of one”.
- Well it would be (1/3) wouldn’t it? That’s the most exact way to express it in a base 10 number system. While its decimal form is 0.333~ its still one third. It can’t physically be written in that form but it’s a real number. It simply can’t be expressed (without limits) by any power of ten. Yet you can still divide something exactly into thirds, can you not?
- Math isn’t necessarily bound to the base 10 system we’re familiar with. In ternary (base 3) it would simply be “0.1”.
Now I’m not sure what to do. Maybe I’ll go pop in Grumpier Old Men. That’s if I want to get some sleep tonight. I love that movie to death, but I can’t even make it past the bacon story when I’m tired.