Well I got the new radio the other day and I figured I’d take a look inside and see if I could make any improvements. The source selector/power switch is kinda finicky and causes the right hand speaker to cut out at times. And the FM reception could be a bit better. If you’ve never seen inside of one of these old things, check this out.
It looks like the amplifier has been repaired at one point. It looks like whoever fixed it knew what they were doing, but didn’t repair it very well. They replaced some capacitors, but there is no labeling of wires, and the capacitors are simply taped together and then tied to the bottom with some thin wire. Because they aren’t secure, they’ve wobbled around and some of the wires are starting to break free of their connections.