What to do with the Blazer?
Damn. I missed a day of posting. Oh well. I’m back and beating my average. =)
So the Blazer has been for sale for a few days now. Gotten at least a call or two a day on it. I don’t want to turn this into a complain-fest. But I REALLY hate selling stuff. Half the people that have came and looked at it so far act shocked that it has issues. And the other half have been, “TOTALLY AWESOME“, then never hear from them again. Okay. I get it. I mean, I’m the same way. Always looking for the deal of the year. I can’t hold it against anybody.
So the reality is what do I do with this machine. I’ve been driving it to work this week and it hasn’t had any problem getting me the three blocks back and forth. But I’ll be honest. If I want to go across town, I take the Toronado. Ha ha! If I could figure out the bogging down thing, I wouldn’t hesitate to keep it. But before I can get that far… I’m going to have to throw some money at it. So I’ve been tossing it around in my head and can’t really decide what I want to do.
So here’s some options, regardless of your automotive knowledge what do you think makes the most sense. Feel free to offer other options than the ones listed. I am choosing to list them from “cheapest” to “fully financially committed”.
1) Keep it for sale at $800 until it sells.
2) Keep it for sale, but lower the price until I at least get what I paid for it.
3) Keep it for sale, but keep trying to fix it in the meantime.
4) Not for sale. Invest in the proper tools to figure out what’s wrong. Possibly (but rarely) ever use tools again.
5) Not for sale. Start replacing parts that might be bad (could be cheap, or end up being VERY expensive)
6) Not for sale. Take it to a shop and have them find out what’s wrong and then try to fix it myself.
7) Not for sale. Take it to a shop and tell them to fix it.
So there ya go. I suppose this is a decision I should have made BEFORE I bought the thing, hehe, but I’m interested to see what folks think. Now, I’m looking for candid opinions here. I welcome those who would tell me how crazy I am for wanting to keep it, or those who think it has tons of potential. It’d take a chunk of change, but hell I could drop a Chevy 350 in there if I really wanted to. And that would solve my engine problems for SURE.